Here is an intimidating Hawaiian spear made out of KOA with a blue marlin bill (the bill measures 15") also known as pahoa i a me lei-o-mano.
- Wood: Hawaiian Koa from the Big Island, the thick shaft is 2" thick
- Feather: red rooster feather
- Bill: Sailfish bill measuring 15"
- Teeth: 26 authentic tiger shark teeth
- Size: This beautiful piece of art is 4 Foot long
the wood used for this specific item is Koa and has woven loops of fibers also called olona (a Hawaiian shrub, the bark of which was valued as a source of strong, durable fiber).
You can see from the pictures the attention to details and the smoothness of the wood.