Surf scene, Waimea Bay: here is abeautiful hand carved relief with deep carving made from Acacia koa. Size 24" X 20" X 3"
* Wood: acacia koa, made from a single slab of thick acacia Koa
* The relief measures 24" X 20" X 3" (60cm X 50cm X 5 cm).
* Great Hawaiian decor for your home or restaurant decor!
* Gerry Lopez not only made Pipeline the world's most important wave, he made the tube the ultimate prize in surfing.
* Lopez was born in Honolulu, the son of a newsman for the city's Bulletin and Advertiser. When Lopez got serious about surfing in high school, his hero was Paul Strauch -- his style and grace would be Lopez's reference point. At Ala Moana in the mid-1960s, Lopez witnessed his first tuberides, and the wave became his training ground.
During the epic winter of 1969-1970, Lopez set the standard for riding the tube at the world???s most dangerous break. Suddenly, nothing else mattered in surfing. The barrel was now hallowed ground, and the barrel at Pipe was Shangri La.